Monday, June 6, 2016

Bad service or scam?

Hi all, wanted to get your opinion to a service call we had last week.

Our AC compressor was kicking on for a brief moment and shutting off after a few seconds. I thought it could be low refrigerant or a leak after my initial research so I called someone in to take a look who was referred by a family friend.

The guy came out and said we did have refrigerant in the system and tried to add more. System still kicked on and off. He pushed a button to manually run it did not start to cool the air and he said the low pressure valve wouldn't let it kick on and the system was dead.

What he said wasn't really sitting right with me in how he described it (I used to work in IT, so unplugging everything and plugging it all back in is my usual go to for something odd) I decided to see if there was a bad connection somewhere. I opened the machine up and unplugged all the wires and blew out any dust, reconnected the wires and the system is now working!

So my question is, was the guy trying to scam me or is this just and oversight on his part and something that a technician would not normally check?

submitted by /u/Xynga
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment