Saturday, June 4, 2016

Getting close to a new AC system in FL. What should I look for?

I've had bad experiences with AC companies in the past. They tend to be like roofers, not too interested in fixing things, but want to sell you a new one. I broke down and bought a new system at my old house about 7 years ago. The installers were talking about how they sold my same system to a lady for $4k more than what I paid. Sure I felt good about the deal, but I didn't feel good about their swing in pricing to take an old lady for a ride cause she said yes.

Anyway, my house is a 4/2 2000sf single story. I have one 12x12 return in the master bedroom and another 20x30 in the hallway. My air handler is in the garage. My dad bought a top of the line Trane system for his house about 5 years ago and he loves it. Super cheap electric bills and it runs like a champ, HEPA filter, variable speed motors etc...

I'm looking to get something for my house because we will be here for a while, but I want to know what I'm getting into with brands and installers. I don't want a budget system, but something that will decrease my energy bill and keep us comfortable in the hot and humid summers.

All that said, who's got the best bang for your buck systems out there, and what should I look to avoid from the salesman trying to take my money!

submitted by /u/jrsmiles
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment