Sunday, June 5, 2016

Adding a return to the master bedroom - does my placement make sense?

Rough sketch

My master is always a little hotter / stuffier then the rest of my upstairs. Especially with the door shut, which is a lot. I am going to add a return in the master as shown in the sketch above. I figured near the bathroom / closet door to aid in circulation out of that area.

Its roughly 20' from the main return, I was going to run a 12" flex duct and tap into the existing return box.

Also planning on an Ecobee3 thermostat with the remote probe in the master to help keep it cool. The main thermostat is below the return in the hallway.

I work nights and sleep all day, my goal is to keep the door shut (kids are not quiet) but still get controlled cooling into the room.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/Chrisv006
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment