Hello HVAC friends. I purchased a BBQ for my condo about 3-4 months ago and was happily using NG. Unfortunately I'm moving now to a place where I will no longer have a NG hookup.
I'm looking to convert my bbq to LP instead. This is my bbq. http://www.masterchefbbqs.com/en/E500_G45319-20.php
My plan is to remove the 5 orifices that are on each valve and replace them with 1/8 mnpt plugs that I'm going to drill out to a #55/58 orifice. Based on everything I've found online a 12,000 btu burner should have a 55/58 orifice at 11" wc.
These are the burners in my bbq: https://www.reliableparts.ca/product/inv_11179339 The burners in the lp and ng seem to be the exact same ones. Each temperature control valve basically feeds right into the hole in each burner with the orifice right at the tip.
Other then that there is a ng line (from my condo currently) running into the bbq and connects with a flared fitting. (Looks like a jic -8, but I'm sure its a sae flare, just not familiar with sizes). I plan to put a regulator on the tank and just run a line right into the flared fitting, from the fitting it tees off, one line running to the four main burners and one to the side burner.
I'm hoping this covers everything, but I thought I would ask the pro's opinion. I'm a heavy duty mechanic, so this isn't exactly my field!
thanks guys
[link] [comments]
No comments:
Post a Comment