Currently have an ice-o-matic that produces 500lbs of ice, about 8 years old. It stopped working on friday morning. Still turns on and makes noises like its producing but doesn't harvest any ice. Tech said that the motor is blown and that since it is so old we are better off buying a new machine (not from him, but from Chef Toys). I've used this repairman before on other equipment and trust him but am concerned maybe he just wasn't that comfortable with working on an ice machine. Does this happen often for ice machines at this age? should I get a second opinion? I would hate to waste another $75 to have someone else come look at it. If I end up buying a new machine, does anyone else have any recommendations for a good brand? The ice-o-matic worked great but is there something better out there?
[link] [comments]
No comments:
Post a Comment